Dumbbell Hammer Preacher Curl: We all want bigger biceps. Well, most of us do. They look great in a fitted white t-shirt, look even better out of them, and help compliment a well-defined torso. Yes, some people will say exercising your biceps in isolation is stupid. We understand, but some days we just long for the pump. And you know what? There’s no shame in that.
Dumbbell Hammer Preacher Curl
Equipment Required: Dumbbell, Machine
- Start off by adjusting the seat of the bench so your arms are level with the top of the bench.
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other, shoulder-width distance apart and extend your arms fully along the bench.
- Keeping your arms and elbows on the bench at all times, curl the dumbbells up towards your head, squeezing and isolating the bicep.
- Hold for a count and then lower the bar back to starting position.
- Repeat for as many reps and sets as desired.
So rather than beat around the bush, let’s get straight to it. If you want to build bigger biceps, these 10 exercises will help get you there. Perform them properly, and it won’t just be your biceps that start to bulge, your overall health will see an improvement, too.
So there you have it: bulging biceps can actually improve your health. So tell that to the next person who smirks at you when they see you on your third set of curls.
The biceps is a muscle on the front part of the upper arm. The biceps include a “short head” and a “long head” that work as a single muscle. The biceps are attached to the arm bones by tough connective tissues called tendons.