Dumbbell Step up
Dumbbell Step up: We all want a perfect stronger and stronger Leg. Well, most of us do. They look great in fitted with half pants, or tight pants, look even better out of them and help compliment a well-defined torso. Yes, some people will say exercising your Leg in isolation is stupid. We understand, but some days we just long for the pump. And you know what? There’s no shame in that.
Dumbbell Step up
Equipment Required: Dumbbell, Bench
- Advanced athletes can choose between dumbbells, barbells (back squat position), or weighted vests.
- Those without access to weights can hold 2 water jugs or wear a backpack on their back. If you don’t have weights, perform bodyweight step-ups for 15 reps per set and aim to explode upwards as fast as possible on each rep.
- Use a bench, box, or stable chair at (or just below) knee height.
- Explode upward as fast as you can on each repetition. Lower slowly and repeat with the same leg for 8 repetitions before switching legs.
- Make sure that you keep your heel on the bench and your knee doesn’t go over your toe. Keep your Leg up throughout the exercise.
Get stronger Leg
So rather than beat around the bush, let’s get straight to it. If you want to build a stronger Leg, these 10 exercises will help get you there. Perform them properly, and it won’t just be your Leg that starts to bulge, your overall health will see an improvement, too.
So there you have it: a bulging Leg can actually improve your health. So tell that to the next person who smirks at you when they see you on your third set of curls.
What are Legs?
The majority of muscles in the leg are considered long muscles, in that they stretch great distances. As these muscles contract and relax, they move skeletal bones to create a movement of the body. Smaller muscles help the larger muscles, stabilize joints, help rotate joints, and facilitate other fine-tuned movements.
Muscles of the lower leg move the lower leg at the knee joint and the foot at the ankle joint. There are three main muscle groups.