Machine Calf Press
Machine Calf Press: We all want perfect calf Muscle. Well, most of us do. They look great in fitted with half pants, look even better out of them, and help compliment a well-defined torso. Yes, some people will say exercising your calf Muscle in isolation is stupid. We understand, but some days we just long for the pump. And you know what? There’s no shame in that. The calf is comprised of two muscles — the gastrocnemius and the soleus. These muscles meet at the Achilles tendon, which attaches directly to the heel. Any leg or foot motion uses these muscles.
Machine Calf Press
Equipment Required: Machine
- Using a leg press machine, sit down on the machine and place your legs on the platform directly in front of you at a medium (shoulder width) foot stance.
- Lower the safety bars holding the weighted platform in place and press the platform all the way up until your legs are fully extended in front of you without locking your knees. Your torso and legs should make a perfect 90-degree angle. Now carefully place your toes and balls of your feet on the lower portion of the platform with the heels extending off. This will be your starting position.
- Press on the platform by raising your heels as you breathe out by extending your ankles as high as possible and flexing your calf. Ensure that the knee is kept stationary at all times. There should be no bending at any time. Hold the contracted position by a second before you start to go back down.
- Go back slowly to the starting position as you breathe in by lowering your heels as you bend the ankles until calves are stretched.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Get perfect calf Muscle
So rather than beat around the bush, let’s get straight to it. If you want to build the perfect calf, these 10 exercises will help get you there. Perform them properly, and it won’t just be your calf that starts to bulge, your overall health will see an improvement, too.
So there you have it: bulging calf can actually improve your health. So tell that to the next person who smirks at you when they see you on your third set of curls.
What is calf Muscle?
The calf is comprised of two muscles — the gastrocnemius and the soleus. These muscles meet at the Achilles tendon, which attaches directly to the heel. Any leg or foot motion uses these muscles. The calf muscle is made up of 2 muscles: the gastrocnemius and the soleus. The gastrocnemius is the large muscle that can be seen beneath the skin, and the soleus is a smaller muscle that lies under the gastrocnemius. The muscles taper into the Achilles tendon which inserts into the calcaneus (heel bone).