• Stand facing the bar. Place your feet considerably wider than shoulder-width apart with your toes pointing outward, keeping them in line with your knees.
• Flex your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
• Take an overhand grip on the bar with your hands about shoulder-width apart, keeping your arms straight (use an over-under grip to lift heavier loads).
• Inhale, hold your breath, slightly arch your back, shoulders backward, contract your abdominals and straighten your legs, extending your torso to stand erect.
• Exhale as you complete the movement.
Level : Intermediate
Equipment Required : Barbell