• Place a barbell on a squat rack. Duck under the bar and position it across your shoulders on the trapezius, slightly above the posterior part of the deltoids. Grasp the bar using a grip width appropriate to your body type and pull your elbows to the rear.
• Inhale deeply (to maintain intrathoracic pressure and prevent yourself from bending forward) and slightly arch your back by rotating your pelvis forward.
• Look straight ahead and lift the bar off the rack.
• Move back a step or two from the rack and set your feet shoulder-width apart, keeping your toes pointed forward or slightly angled outward.
• Slowly bend your knees, squat down your back and slightly bent forward.
• To avoid injury, keep your back straight (the axis of flexion runs through the hip-thigh joint).
• Once your thighs are parallel to the floor, extend your legs and straighten your torso to return to the starting (upright) position.
• Exhale as you complete the movement.
Level : Intermediate
Equipment Required : Barbell, Squat Rack