Cable Calf Raise: We all want perfect calf Muscle. Well, most of us do. They look great in fitted with half pants, look even better out of them, and help compliment a well-defined torso. Yes, some people will say exercising your calf Muscle in isolation is stupid. We understand, but some days we just long for the pump. And you know what? There’s no shame in that. The calf is comprised of two muscles — the gastrocnemius and the soleus. These muscles meet at the Achilles tendon, which attaches directly to the heel. Any leg or foot motion uses these muscles.
Cable Calf Raise
Equipment Required: Cable Machine
- Start off setting up either a dip belt, rope, or straight bar on a low pulley cable machine and placing either a step or block in front of the machine.
- Step onto the block with the balls of your feet on the edge and letting your heels drop down as far as possible without touching the floor.
- Then slowly raise your heels up as far as possible, squeezing your calves, and hold for a count.
- Return back to the starting position.
- Repeat for as many reps and sets as desired.
So rather than beat around the bush, let’s get straight to it. If you want to build the perfect calf, these 10 exercises will help get you there. Perform them properly, and it won’t just be your calf that starts to bulge, your overall health will see an improvement, too.
So there you have it: bulging calf can actually improve your health. So tell that to the next person who smirks at you when they see you on your third set of curls.
The calf is comprised of two muscles — the gastrocnemius and the soleus. These muscles meet at the Achilles tendon, which attaches directly to the heel. Any leg or foot motion uses these muscles. The calf muscle is made up of 2 muscles: the gastrocnemius and the soleus. The gastrocnemius is the large muscle that can be seen beneath the skin, and the soleus is a smaller muscle that lies under the gastrocnemius. The muscles taper into the Achilles tendon which inserts into the calcaneus (heel bone).